Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Very Own Tap Shoes!

So after spending 2 hours in the studio with Crystal, I decided to go to The Dancing Shoe in Fort Myers and check out some tap shoes. I wanted to get split sole tap shoes because they are very helpful in learning the mechanics of the feet. However, the lovely sales woman insisted that for 42nd Street I must have heels (which I knew of course). So I purchased the Capezio Footlight Jr. in black. They feel very comfortable on my feet and the tapping sounds good. And I have to admit, it felt very cool to go in to a dance store and buy shoes for myself. I'm beginning to feel like a real dancer. I wanted to buy all the cool dancer clothes but alas I had to refrain. I am really a dance geek. I'm like a dance groupie.

Pullbacks are getting better and better. Every time Crystal says something it clicks in my head. I think we work very well together. She really seems to understand how my brain is working. I just blurt out my thoughts and she processes them and provides an excellent tip.

I still feel very heavy and it seems very hard to support my weight. I also get tired quickly. I know that will change over time but I want to feel light as air like Fred and Ginger. I may be rushing things here. But it's good to have goals.

Rehearsals start one week from tonight and I am very excited. I know deep down inside that all I can do is try my best. I must be patient with myself. But I really feel confident that I will get it. And it's all thanks to my wonderful teachers (can you tell I am grateful?)

Well I must go to bed now because after getting up @ 3:30 am, running 4 miles, weight training, 2 hours of tapping and running errands around town, this tapper is tired.

Goodnight!

Oh yeah, 65 days until Opening!

No comments: