Saturday, April 23, 2011

Take that pullback...well, sort of.

Yes that is right I performed a pullback today. And it wasn't an accident. I must have done about 10 all together. There I was in the studio all by myself and when I finally got it, I think I actually squealed. I looked around like there was someone to celebrate with, but it was just me. I attempted it again. And with a little thought I did it. I squealed again in self celebration!

So here is how I accomplished this amazing fete. I rocked back on my heels and when I plied I thought up. And it just happened! I realized I was pulling my body back and down instead of thinking up. But I'm not popping the champagne yet. I can't figure out how to do them without rocking back on my heels. Any tips?

I also worked on some of the combinations from the show and noticed that I was feeling a little more comfortable and able to go a little bit faster. It really is all about repetition and keeping your brain out of it.

I am still having a problem with getting shuffles in when I hop. I feel like I am jumping up and my foot is too far off the ground. And I am not hopping high. Should I be thinking down in to the floor? I am afraid if I think too much in to the floor then I will scrape and that sounds gross. Also, how in the world do you shuffle at crazy speeds? My legs and feet say, "NO!"

I went through the costume shop tap shoes today and found a pair that feels better but I really think I need to invest in a good pair if I want to do this right. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Overall, I had some great moments in the studio today and I walked away completely spent which means I was working hard. I am loving this process. Check back with me in a couple weeks I may be singing a different tune. But I am hoping to remain positive.

Mantra for the day: Must Be Positive!

No comments: