Friday, April 29, 2011

Changing It Up!

I spent 2 days in the studio with Megan and it was a lot of fun. Not only do we have a lot of things to talk about but she taught be some very fancy footwork.

I was starting to feel a little tired of working on the same things. I know that I have to continue to work on them to master them but I was just done with it for a moment. And then yesterday Megan showed me some fun moves that involved very quick feet with some traveling. It was fun to learn something that was hard but easy once you broke it down. I still need work on it but I know I can do it if I stop thinking.

Today, we worked on lyrical and jazz, just to get the body moving in different ways and to work on flexibility. And it just confirmed, I Love To Dance!

I am very tired today though. This schedule has been hard to keep up. So I am off to Disney for a couple of days to...well not relax, but at least have a good time with my family. I hope my new tap shoes are delivered when I get back (I got the wrong color shoes so I had to order different ones).

I think I will be taking 2 days off from the tapping since I don't really have a place, shoes or time to work on it this weekend. But I will bring my resistance bands and work on strengthening my ankles. Then I look forward to getting back in the studio on Monday. I'll have 3 days to work before we start actual rehearsals. I am looking forward to seeing the choreography so I can start working on it.

Goodbye for now,

Your tired tapper!

No comments: