Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Shuffle off to Buffalo!

I just have to say that I love shuffling properly. It's so much more fun when your foot isn't tense and you let your ankle do the work. I can definitely feel the difference and I am loving it.

Logged 3 hours with Crystal today and it was jam packed with little epiphanies. I discovered that I really need to be aware of my weight distribution. I tend to keep weight on my feet in general (pull your ribs up!) but I also don't like to shift my weight. What is that about? It's funny being in the studio and watching me think and then try to do something. It's like watching a baby take it's first steps. How does one think and not think at the same time? I guess I just have to take the time to absorb the information. Just like with my shuffles. Yesterday, I was using my tense foot and today they were totally different.

I am very excited to report that I am having great success with my pullbacks. We worked on singles and doubles today and they are coming. I am understanding the mechanics of them more and more. But they are not easy. You use totally different muscle groups and by the time I have gone across the floor I am spent.

I am feeling very encouraged by the progress that I am making. Every day that I work on it I feel more and more confident that I am going to get this. It's exciting to decide that you are going to do something and then actually do it. I am not entirely used to that. However, I couldn't do it without the support and education of my wonderful teachers, Crystal and Megan. Ladies, you keep me positive! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Rehearsals start a week from tomorrow and I am excited and nervous all at the same time. I know there is a lot of work ahead but I feel like I am preparing myself as much as I can.

Until tomorrow, goodnight...66 Days until Opening!

No comments: